For all our Keto people! Here is your Low Carb Sourdough Bread Recipe!
This tangy low carb sourdough bread is made from sourdough, however, not the kind the Granny used to make. It has much lower-carbs and won’t kick you out of Ketosis.
This recipe is for those who desire a quick keto low carb sourdough bread that can be made with just a few minutes of active time.
The taste of keto sourdough bread is unmistakable. Authentic recipes require a fermentation procedure not familiar with other types of bread.
The outcome is a slightly sour tasting pleasure that’s the right balance of sweet, earthy, and yeasty flavors. The taste takes some getting utilized before you can call it your favorite.
Sourdough bread is thought about by many to be healthier than regular bread. It’s low in sugar, high in protein, and contains prebiotics, which helps keep your gut happy and healthy.
How Many Calories in a Slice of Sourdough Bread?
The amount of calories in sourdough bread depends on the type of flour used to make it — whole grain or refined. One slice of sourdough bread weighing approximately 2 ounces (56 g) contains 170 calories.
How Many Carbs in Sourdough Bread?
Traditional sourdough bread recipes are not low carbs. Regular sourdough bread is high in carbs. One slice can include 32 grams of carbs. This is troublesome if you’re on keto, and also, this is your preferred bread. The keto reduced carbohydrate diet plan asks for less than 50 grams (20g being perfect) of carbs per day.
Sourdough Bread Nutrition Facts
- Calories: 170 calories
- Carbs: 32 grams
- Fiber: 3–4 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- Selenium: 25% of the RDI
- Folate: 20% of the RDI
- Thiamin: 15% of the RDI
- Sodium: 15% of the RDI
- Manganese: 15% of the RDI
- Niacin: 15% of the RDI
- Iron: 10% of the RDI
How to Make Low Carb Keto Sourdough Bread?
This keto sourdough bread recipe keeps the tangy taste you like while minimizing the number of carbs.
1 1/2 cup of almond flour
1/3 cup of psyllium husk powder
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 stuffed cup of flax meal
One teaspoon of salt baking soda
One teaspoon of salt (pink Himalayan or sea salt)
Six large egg whites
Two large eggs
3/4 cup of low-fat buttermilk
1/4 cup of Gewurztraminer vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup of lukewarm water
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C/ 360 ° F.
- Place all the dry active ingredients in a mixer and combine them.
- Put eggs, egg whites, and buttermilk in a different blending bowl as well as combine them. Include the combination of the dry components and procedure until the dough is thick. Add vinegar as well as lukewarm water and also procedure until well combined. Make sure not to over-process the mixture.
- Remove the dough and put it in a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a non-stick covering. Shape as wanted after that, rack up the leading two or three times making use of a slim, sharp knife.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a good crust has developed and the loaves sound hollow when tapped on the base.
- Take it out from the oven as well as a place on a cooling rack till it gets to room temperature.
This keto low carb sourdough bread can be stored at room temperature level for a couple of days, in the fridge for 7-10 days, or frozen for approximately three months. For a dairy-free sourdough bread, try coconut milk kefir as opposed to the buttermilk:use fifty percent of the coconut milk kefir and fifty percent of water.
How to Make Keto Sourdough Starter?
The unique taste of sourdough originates from a combination referred to as a starter. It’s also in charge of making sure the bread increases and also for its unique texture. It’s effortless to make as it only makes use of 2 components water and just flour. It can likewise be made use of in sourdough recipes and as a substitute for yeast.
You will need:
4 ounces of coconut flour
1/2 cup of filtered water (approximately 4 ounces)
- Put 4 ounces of flour and also water in a large glass or plastic blending dish. Blend till it resembles the pancake mix.
- Freely cover the dish leaving a tiny space for air to distribute. Position it someplace warm (about 21 ° C/ 70 ° F). Let it rest uninterrupted.
- Feed your starter every 8-12 hours, so it remains energetic and also healthy. Pour out just about 4 ounces before each feeding after that add 1/8 cup of flour and also 1/2 cup of water. Mix well and then cover again. The longer you do this before baking, the more developed the baked bread’s tasty flavor will be.
The starter is ready for use when it comes to being extremely bubbly, increases or triples in dimension in between feedings, and also a dose of it drifts in a glass of water. It should, after that, be made use of within 3-4 hours of the last feeding.
Replace one cup of sourdough starter for the comparable amounts of flour and water by weight in recipes.
Stay tuned as we are going to post gluten free sourdough recipe really soon! You will love your gluten free low carb bread!
Also, if you are looking to add more fiber in your keto diet, make sure to check out The Best Keto Fiber Supplements.