Vin Yin Yoga, also described as Yin Yang Yoga, is a yoga exercise series that combines Vinyasa Yoga sequence and also Yin Yoga sequence exercises. This is typically performed with Vinyasa as the very first half of the series and Yin Yoga exercise as the 2nd half. The Vinyasa section warms the body up and also rids your body of excess, Prana, or energy. Hereafter, your body prepares to relax as well as extend during the exercise part of Yin Yoga sequence . It is a great mix, and also something we regularly like to do. Keep reading to find out the advantages of each practice and a guide to develop your own Vin Yin Yoga sequences.
Vin Yin Yoga is like a marriage of the firm, yang Vin Yoga with the responsive Yin Yoga. Active, yet grounding sun salutations and standing flows are provided in the first half of sequence to perk up the body and chase away any fatigue. On the other hand, the Yin half of the sequence uses passive, seated, and supine positions that are held for anywhere from 2 to 7 minutes on each side. The Yin aspect helps to turn off fight-or-flight mode, promoting balance throughout the nerve system and permitting a sense of peace and relaxation. Not suggested for complete novices.
Advantages of Vin Yoga (Vinyasa Yoga Sequencing)
Vin Yoga exercise is an easy technique, moving with your breath through various poses in circulation like series.
- relaxes the mind
- builds stamina
- boosts versatility
- alleviates tension
- reduces headaches
- boosts cardio health
- burns many calories (140 lbs lady will certainly melt an average of 400 calories in a 45 min Vinyasa course)
- Helps launch excess Prana (power), leaving you feeling calm as well as serene
- It helps you come to be very in-tuned with your breath (Vinyasa implies “breath-synchronized activity”)
- Releases toxins
You can learn more about the benefits of Vinyasa Yoga in our recent blog post here.
Advantages of Yin Yoga (Yin Yoga Sequence)
Yin Yoga sequence is a yoga exercise practice in which you hold positions for 3-5 mins. This deep stretch is unwinding, as well as will undoubtedly target deep connective and fascia tissue, boosting your flexibility. It is recommended to do Yin Yoga for beginners as it is easy to perform.
- Boosts range of movement
- Enhances adaptability
- Decreases stress and anxiety
- Extends muscles
- Lowers adhesions
- Hydrates tissues and muscle mass
- Thickens as well as reinforces tendons
- Oils joints
- Hydrates skin
- Lowers deterioration of tissues
- Stabilizes curvature of the spinal column
- Increases the movement of joints
- It lowers osteopenia and also osteoporosis
- Assists to avoid blend of joints
- Calms the nervous system
- Increases the degree of GABA (help’s the body respond to stress)
- Balances Prana (energy)
- Slows down the mind
- Premises us
- Provides us an extra meditative practice
Develop Your Own Vin Yin Yoga Sequence
There are numerous contraindications (including maternity) for yoga exercise positions, which is why consulting your physician before practicing yoga is crucial. It would be best if you also had a licensed yoga educator to help you as well as keep your exercise under supervision.
Part 1: Vin Yoga
Throughout the Vinyasa Portion of your sequence, try to stream with your breath. The basic guideline is to inhale as you broaden as well as breathe out as you fold. If you exercise a “one-sided” position, make sure you finish both sides.
- Start with some warm up (such as Child’s Posture, Cat Cow, Downward Dog, or Standing Forward Fold)
- Do 3-4 rounds of Sun Salutations
- Choose a couple of standing poses. Some standing posture concepts include Warrior 1, Warrior 2, Humble Warrior, and also Reverse Warrior
- Do a “Vinyasa” in between each position to keep the Vinyasa flow
- “Vinyasa” is Chaturanga (knees can be down if required), adhered to by a Cobra or Upward Facing Dog, and also ending in a Downward Dog
- Next off, select an inversion that is appropriates to your yoga exercise level. Some inversion concepts are holding a Downward Dog, Dolphin Pose, Headstand prep or Headstand, and also Shoulderstand
- Now it is time for a Backbend. Once more, pick one that is suitable for your yoga level. Some Backbend suggestions are Bridge Pose, Cobra Pose, Young Puppy Posture, Bow Posture, and also Camel Pose
- Before moving onto the Yin Yoga exercise section, pick one spin to do on both sides. Half Lord of the Fishes, Marichi’s Posture, and Revolved Head-to-Knee Pose would be perfect choices
Part 2: Yin Yoga
There are three fundamental principles of Yin Yoga sequence. You need to use these three principles for the Yin portion of this Vin Yin Yoga sequence. If you exercise a “one-sided” position, keep in mind to complete both sides.
- Enter into a position with the ideal depth. You do not want to feel an unpleasant, just perfect quantity of stretch
- Try to stay still
- Hold the position (3-5 mins, 1-2 minutes for a novice). We would certainly suggest making use of a timer to aid in monitoring the time
- Choose two of the starting poses to begin your Yin part: Butterfly Pose, Child’s Pose, Caterpillar Pose, Frog Posture, or Sphinx Pose
- Choose 3 of the following positions for the main section of your Yin sequence: Shoelace, Dragon Pose (the Yin variation of Reptile Pose), Deer Position, Swan Pose, Straddle Pose (additionally called Dragonfly)
- Next, do a Reclining Twist on each side, keeping in mind to hold the position
- Complete your practice with Savasana Pose for at least 7 minutes
- Exit Savasana gradually, laying on your side for a few breaths before coming up to a comfy seated setting. Relax in the seated position focusing on your inspiration and possibly meditating before leaving your yoga floor covering
With each other, you have Vin Yin Yoga, a powerful pairing. The Yin style of long-held, passive postures opens up the body to more flexibility and energy circulation while also urging a much more reflective non-reactive high quality of mind. The vibrant Yang style of Vinyasa flow assists in strengthening and revitalizing the body and mind.
This technique ought to leave you feeling calm and energized. While adhering to along in a yoga course is fantastic, there is nothing quite like producing your own sequence. Ensure you save this web page, so that you can come back to your distinctively developed yoga series and also make it right into a practice.
While Vin Yin Yoga is incredible to exercise, it’s likewise useful sometimes to apply simply Vinyasa or Yin Yoga Exercise. If you are interested in finding out more, check out our Yoga related articles: The Benefits of Vinyasa Yoga, Best Yoga Exercises To Stop Snoring.